My two favorite weeks to be in Woodstock are the Woodstock Writers Festival week, which is this week, and the Woodstock Film Festival which is in October. So, I was very excited to be at the Rockin' Story Slam at Oriole 9 restaurant in Woodstock tonight. One of my friend's signed up for it, but she insisted that I not take any photos of her during her performance. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and fascinating to hear all the different takes on the "By the time I got to Woodstock" theme of the slam. Each story teller got 3 1/2 minutes to tell their rock and roll story before being shooed away by the big gong. The winner of the slam received a beautiful tote bag full of books. Kudos to Martha Frankel for organizing all this. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend. If you want to see what lectures are still available, visit the Woodstock Writers Festival website.
- Girls Night Out Slumber Party at The Poughkeepsie Grande-Jan. 30th
- A Swing Thing–Dinner & Dance Night at The Garrison–January 30th
- American Bounty at CIA hosts 2nd Annual Beefsteak–Hyde Park, January 31st
- The FASNY Museum of Firefighting presents Professor Sparks–Feb. 21st
- Spring Fashion Show Benefit–Woodstock Harley Davidson & HV Autism Society
Good Stuff by Location
HVGS Newsletter Signup
HVGS on Twitter
- The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.
Follow @girlgumption on twitter.
Jun 21, 2011
Aug 7, 2013
Concert review: Todd Rundgren kicks off “Official STATE Visit” Tour in the Hudson Valley at Bearsville Theater in Woodstock!May 6, 2013
Dec 5, 2013