My two favorite weeks to be in Woodstock are the Woodstock Writers Festival week, which is this week, and the Woodstock Film Festival which is in October. So, I was very excited to be at the Rockin' Story Slam at Oriole 9 restaurant in Woodstock tonight. One of my friend's signed up for it, but she insisted that I not take any photos of her during her performance. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and fascinating to hear all the different takes on the "By the time I got to Woodstock" theme of the slam. Each story teller got 3 1/2 minutes to tell their rock and roll story before being shooed away by the big gong. The winner of the slam received a beautiful tote bag full of books. Kudos to Martha Frankel for organizing all this. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend. If you want to see what lectures are still available, visit the Woodstock Writers Festival website.
- Historic Huguenot Street “Myths & Legends” Tour in New Paltz, April 25th
- Autism Walk & Expo of the Hudson Valley–April 26th
- TAP New York Craft Beer Festival, April 25th & 26th at Hunter Mountain
- Northern Symphony Orchestra at Historic Old Dutch Church in Kingston–April 26th
- Marist Students Host 5K Color Run for Autism Speaks, May 2nd
Good Stuff by Location
HVGS Newsletter Signup
HVGS on Twitter
- The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.
Follow @girlgumption on twitter.
Aug 7, 2013
Jun 21, 2011
Concert review: Todd Rundgren kicks off “Official STATE Visit” Tour in the Hudson Valley at Bearsville Theater in Woodstock!May 6, 2013
Dec 5, 2013