Got a little wine wanderlust, but can't travel beyond the Hudson Valley right now? Well, you're in luck this weekend. Here is information I just received from the Shawangunk Wine Trail's about their "Around the World" event on June 8th & June 9th:
"Shawangunk Wine Trail is pleased to announce Clearview Vineyard, a new Warwick-based vineyard and winery, has become the 14th member of the growing Trail. Clearview Vineyard will participate in the Trail’s upcoming Around the World event, Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9, representing Greece.
Clearview Vineyard celebrated the grand opening of its 3,800-square foot winery and tasting room at the end of May. Clearview Vineyard is owned and maintained by Frank and Karen Graessle, who purchased the property in 2004 and began growing grapes on the land and bottling fine red and white wines.
“We could not be more excited to become members of the Shawangunk Wine Trail and work with wonderful Hudson Valley winemakers,” said Frank Graessle. “Opening a vineyard and winery has always been our dream, and we hope to share the happiness and joy it brings us with others. Taking part in Around the World is fun way to engage with wine lovers in the community.”
Around the World is a two-day event that takes place at each of the 14 wineries along the Shawangunk Wine Trail, allowing guests to go global without leaving the Hudson Valley. Each winery will serve tapas inspired by cuisine from a different country, from the decadence of France to the bold spices of India. The wineries will accompany the tapas with a complementary wine tasting of up to four unique samples. Ticketholders may visit as many wineries as they would like throughout the weekend, exploring the food delights of 14 countries.
Around the World will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on June 8 and June 9. Tickets are good for both days and are $35 per person when purchased in advance, or $10 for designated drivers who will not sample wine. Sunday-only tickets will also be available for $25 per person. Transportation is not included. To register or for more information, visit www.gunkswine.com or call 845-256-8456.
Shawangunk Wine Trail wineries and their assigned countries include:
- Jamaica: Adair Vineyards, 52 Allhusen Road, New Paltz
- Spain: Applewood Winery, 82 Four Corners Road, Warwick
- Mexico: Baldwin Vineyard, 176 Hardenburgh Road, Pine Bush
- Poland: Benmarl Winery, 156 Highland Avenue, Marlboro
- France: Brimstone Hill Vineyard, 61 Brimstone Hill Road, Pine Bush
- Argentina: Brotherhood, America’s Oldest Winery, 100 Brotherhood Plaza Drive, Washingtonville
- Greece: Clearview Vineyard, 35 Clearview Lane, Warwick
- Dominican Republic: Demarest Hill Winery, 81 Pine Island Turnpike, Warwick
- Germany: Glorie Farm Winery, 40 Mountain Road, Marlboro
- Italy: Palaia Winery, 10 Sweet Clover Road, Highland Mills
- Colombia: Robibero Winery, 714 Albany Post Road, New Paltz
- Austria: Stoutridge Vineyards, 10 Ann Kaley Lane, Marlboro
- U.S.A: Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery, 114 Little York Road, Warwick
- India: Whitecliff Vineyard & Winery, 331 McKinstry Road, Gardiner