1. Belleayre Beach in Pine Hill opens up May 25th-June 14th for weekends only. You can rent a paddle boat here too. The snack bar is pretty limited so if you are hungry, bring your lunch in a cooler.
2. Jump on a Jumping Pillow at Kelder's Farm and pose with the World's Second Largest Garden Gnome.
3. The Trolley Museum of NY (Kingston Trolley Museum) will have its seasonal opening this weeken. Great family fun for young train buffs.
5. If you are in the Woodstock area, check out Woodstock Concert on the Green on Saturday, May 25th where great Hudson Valley bands will be performing from 1:00pm to 6:00pm on The Green. 1:00 - Students of Paul Green Rock Academy, 1:45 - Two Dollar Goat, 2:30 - Sin City, 3:15 - Passero 4:00 - Hamilton Hill Robotic Steel Band. 4:45 - Ronnie Bait Band. 5:15 - Two Dark Birds.
6. Celebrate Bob Dylan's birthday at Bearsville Theater on Sunday, May 26th. This show may sell out quickly. "Soundout" will feature Tracy Bonham, Donald Fagan, Amy Helm, and a dozen more! This is benefit for the Woodstock Day School.
7. Chichester Yoga is having special themed weekend on Memorial Day Weekend. Come take part in "Chakra Spark" with Megan Leigh. Do check out. Not only do they have talented yoga instructors, they have the best yoga views in the Hudson Valley!
8. Go to an old fashioned Memorial Day parade in Rhinebeck on May 27th, starting at 9:15 am. Walk over to Gigi's Trattoria for a farm to table lunch. Skizza Bianca is my fave!
9. Hang out with very cool farm animals at the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary.
10. Looking for really good restaurants to dine out during the holiday weekend? Check out my "Restaurants I Love" section for ideas. These are restaurants I would eat at every week if I could!
11. Rent a Harley at Woodstock Harley Davidson!
12. On Friday, May 24th – The Forsyth Nature Center is offering Friday Night Paddles on the Rondout. Meet under the Wurts Street Bridge on the Promenade at 5:30 p.m. All paddles include equipment. Discounts are given to Kingston residents. Registration is mandatory. For more information & to register online visit: www.kingstonparksandrec.org