I love the Ashokan Reservoir! In the summer it's a perfect place to ride a bike, power walk, or push a stroller, especially if you like flat easy terrain. When the weather is gloomy and drizzly as it was last Sunday, it's nice too because it is never muddy and the view is gorgeous no matter what the weather is like. It's not good though if you have a terrible fear of heights! I just have a mild phobia so it's not so bad. Getting there is half the fun! For more info go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashokan_Reservoir#Permitted_Activities. I can't find an official website, but this will give you a little history and information.
- Bill Murray stars in SCROOGE at UPAC in Kingston on Dec. 20th
- Opera, Song & a Christmas Celebration at Uptown Gallery in Kingston-Dec. 21st
- MC Acres 3-mile Jingle Farm Run on Dec. 22nd in Rhinebeck
- Santa Claus arrives in Woodstock via a surprise vehicle!
- BSP’s New Year’s Eve & Ball Drop in Uptown Kingston
Good Stuff by Location
HVGS Newsletter Signup
HVGS on Twitter
- RT @alaindebotton: Enough romanticism about 'creativity': it's about work, confidence, endurance, courage & an eager appetite for suffering. Time ago 18 Hours via Twitter
- .Hudson Valley Good Stuff’s Gift Guide: Where to get holiday gifts for everyone on your list t.co/3tzf1hnTq5 #Christmas #Shop #Blog Time ago 1 Day via Tweet Button
- .Dining out Christmas 2013 in the #HudsonValley? 7 Restaurants that will be open for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day! t.co/QW34ukgKB1 Time ago 3 Days via Tweet Button
Follow @girlgumption on twitter.
Jun 21, 2011
Aug 7, 2013
Concert review: Todd Rundgren kicks off “Official STATE Visit” Tour in the Hudson Valley at Bearsville Theater in Woodstock!May 6, 2013
Dec 5, 2013