One good thing about the Blogathon is that it will force me to publish all the Draft blog posts I've kept in the cooker for some reason this year. In 2012, I started off the new year with a Wish List with places and things I wanted to check out in the Hudson Valley in the year to write about for the blog and/or magazine assignments. Well, here is my list for 2013. (I'm happy to report that I can check a few of these wishes off my list as "DONE"!) I know this is an ambitious list, and I might not have the time or budget to do it all, but I find that writing it all down keeps me accountable.(And, yes, I doubled my wish list this year. Why not?)
1) Peekamoose Restaurant--(This is left-over wish from 2012, but I will get here in 2013!) Done! See Mother's Day blog post.
2) Dine at Gunk Haus in Highland as my husband loves German food, and we haven't been to a German restaurant together since we lived in the city. (I miss Hallo Berlin!)
3) Kiwanis Ice Arena in Saugerties. I have been here before, but I haven't been here in over 2 years, which is ridiculous! DONE!
4) Mid-week skiing at a very easy bunny hill at one of the popular skiing places in the Hudson Valley. I was thinking of Belleayre or Hunter, but if anybody has other suggestions I'm open.
5) Woodstock Aikido. I met someone who teaches here so that is a sign that I must check this out. I wanted to try this out years ago!
7) Hudson Valley Pizza Festival--This will take place on April 28th from 2 pm -8pm. (DONE, see my Pizza Judge re-cap in case you missed it).
8) West Tagkanik Diner in Acram, NY--We follow each other on Facebook, and they always post such yummy looking food, and I can tell from their fans and the page that they've got Good Stuff!
9) Yoga: One month this year, I would like to get a monthly unlimited yoga pass and try to practice 5x a week and see what happens. It would have to be close to Saugerties, Woodstock or Kingston so I don't have to drive too far. Woodstock would be the closest. (Would any yoga studio like to barter with me to make this experiment a reality?) I'd keep an online yoga diary of your studio.
10) Have breakfast at Sweet Sue's on Phoenicia again!
11) Try Soul Cycle in Scarsdale or Bridgehampton. I've been very curious about Soul Cycle for awhile now. I'm hoping my friend in Yonkers will want try this out with me one day.
12) I love Indian cuisine so much that I would like to take an Indian Cooking class so that I can cook it at home. (Right now I'm relying on the tandoori sauce in a jar). I'm thinking of trying another Culinary Institute of America class, unless somebody knows of another place I can take an Indian cooking class.
13) A spa treatment that involves maple syrup or chocolate. (Not maple syrup, but my recent Eminence Body Scrub at River Rock was very indulgent).
15) Go on a day trip to Beacon and check out the Rondhouse at Beacon Falls.
16) Interview a celebrity with ties to the Hudson Valley.
17) Go to Lake Placid for a short family mini-vacation. (Done! See Whiteface Lodge blog post!)
18) Dust off my roller skates and go to Wooden Wheel in Port Ewen.
19) Visit Harney & Sons Tea Tasting room in Millerton.
20) Be a media judge at a food festival (Done! I was a cupcake judge again at Gardiner Cupcake Festival).
21) Go to the new Bocuse restaurant at the Culinary Institue of America.
22) Get the nerve to hold a chicken in my arms at the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary.
23) Take the kids to Wee-zee in Chappaqua, Westchester.
24) Interview Michael Lang.
25) Host a party/mixer at a local restaurant (to be announced) to celebrate the launch of the new HVGS!
What is your favorite wish on this list? Do you share any wishes?