Hudson Valley Garlic Festival: Garlic chowder, garlic ice cream, crowds & thunder-storm!
Welcome to the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival!
Beautiful Garlic Ladies
Garlic chowder made by Boy Scouts
Polish food! Yummy!
Uncle Rock performing to young garlic addicts
Garlic shooters! I only had a sip
Garlic Ice Cream for sale.
We had a great time sampling garlic goodies at the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival today. I think the last time I went to the Garlic Festival was in 2005 or 2006, so I was amazed at how much more crowded it was. I don't remember having to take a shuttle bus from the parking lot to the festival entrance before. It was still very well organized so not a big inconvenience.
I tried garlic chowder from the Boy Scout troop, Greek salad from Timi's, macaroni and cheese from Hickory BBQ Smokehouse, and a zillion free samples. We caught the end of Uncle Rock's concert, live music from Homegrown String Band, guzzled down garlic shooters, and got our fill of smoky garlic air. We left around 3:45pm today just as it was starting to thunder and pour. For once, our timing was right! I will definitely go back again next year to the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival. I didn't realize how much I missed the garlic until I came back.
Related Posts via Categories
- Save your appetites for Hudson Valley Garlic Festival in Saugerties on September 29 & 30th!
- Wing Fling Competition in Saugerties on Sunday, May 22nd! Worth the heartburn!
- Wing Fling Festival in Saugerties on Sunday May 23rd!
- Scenes from Holiday Celebrations in Woodstock, Kingston, Saugerties & Rosendale!
- 7 Holiday Festivals in the Hudson Valley: Rhinebeck, Rosendale, Saugerties, Kingston, Hudson & Woodstock!
- Lox of Bagels in Saugerties: Spacious dining area, great bagels, good coffees & chopped lox cream cheese!
- Fashion Show & Fundraiser to Benefit the Saugerties Animal Shelter at DIG Boutique this First Friday!
- Chef Challenge at the Woodstock Farm Festival: 3 Hudson Valley chefs compete for bragging rights
- Calling all Hudson Valley bagel loving people: Bagel Festival in Monticello, NY on August 16th & August 17th!
- 4th of July Weekend in the Hudson Valley 2013: 7 Ways to Celebrate