“Honey, we need honey. Let’s go to Roxbury!”
I'm a honey junkie, and Ballard's Honey is the best honey I have ever tasted. Whenever I run out and feel like going on a little road trip, I go to Roxbury. Along Main Street, look out for a small "Honey" sign. They sell Buckwheat Honey, which can have 20 times the anti-oxidants found in clover honey. During the summer Roxbury hosts the Roxbury Nine's vintage baseball event, where team members dress up in vintage uniforms and play baseball like they in the pre-steriods olden days. There is a real sturdy and safe playground in the center of Roxbury which is worth going off the beaten path for, especially if you have a child that wants to let off a little steam. Also check out the funky hip The Roxbury Motel to complete the retro escape. For more info on Roxbury go to http://www.roxburyny.com. Here's a short article I wrote on the power of honey for Muscle Fitness HERS.
Related Posts via Categories
- 7 Holiday Festivals in the Hudson Valley: Rhinebeck, Rosendale, Saugerties, Kingston, Hudson & Woodstock!
- Fun Adventurous Day Trip: Big Bear Ziplines in Hyde Park: Zipping away in the Hudson Valley!
- Bank Square Coffeehouse in Beacon: Good coffee, relaxed ambiance, live music & people watching!
- Tannersville General Store: Cute 1960′s style diner counter, good lunch, cool toys & souvenirs
- Calling all Hudson Valley bagel loving people: Bagel Festival in Monticello, NY on August 16th & August 17th!
- Day trip: Victoria Pool at Saratoga Spa State Park: Tranquil, relaxing with a great bar & cafe
- Detour: South Fork Natural History Museum & Nature Center in Bridgehampton for quiet family fun
- Hudson Valley Good Stuff’s Wish List for 2013 or “25 Fun Things To Do in the Hudson Valley”
- The Whiteface Lodge Lake Placid: Outdoor heated pool, ice skating, cozy suites & top-notch spa!
- 6 Rainy Day Trip Ideas from WeeWestchester: Westchester’s Indoor Play Spaces