My friend and I had a delicious South American lunch at Gabriel’s Cafe in uptown Kingston. I realized how much I miss South American food. When I lived in Astoria, I used to go to a great Columbian restaurant called Tierras Columbianas, and I used to love their grilled chicken with plantains. The menu at Gabriel’s Cafe features dishes from Columbia, Brazil, Venezuela, and Peru. I ordered the Chilean Pot Roast and my friend ordered the Columbian Platter. She ended up taking half of it home because she couldn’t finish it. My slow cooked pot roast was very tender and tasty. I really had a craving for plantains. I attempted to cook plantains at home last week, but they didn’t come out well. I guess it’s one of those dishes that looks simple to make, but it isn’t. Well, the plantains here are perfect! Gabriel’s is also open for breakfast and has salsa dancing on the weekends. (Follow their Facebook page for dance announcements and menu updates). Gabriel’s Cafe, 316 Wall Street, Kingston, NY (845) 338-7161
- Historic Huguenot Street “Myths & Legends” Tour in New Paltz, April 25th
- Autism Walk & Expo of the Hudson Valley–April 26th
- TAP New York Craft Beer Festival, April 25th & 26th at Hunter Mountain
- Northern Symphony Orchestra at Historic Old Dutch Church in Kingston–April 26th
- Marist Students Host 5K Color Run for Autism Speaks, May 2nd
Good Stuff by Location
HVGS Newsletter Signup
HVGS on Twitter
- The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.
Follow @girlgumption on twitter.
Aug 7, 2013
Jun 21, 2011
Concert review: Todd Rundgren kicks off “Official STATE Visit” Tour in the Hudson Valley at Bearsville Theater in Woodstock!May 6, 2013
Dec 5, 2013