Whether you are looking for a romantic dinner or a non-Valentine activity, there are plenty of ways to love the Hudson Valley during Valentine’s season.
1. Cozy up at The Last Chance cafe in Tannersville for hot chocolate and fruit fondue after you hit the slopes at Hunter Mountain.
2. Treat someone you love to a day at the spa at River Rock Health Spa or treat yourself in honor of Valentine’s Day.
3. Hickory BBQ Smokehouse on Route 28 will be serving delicious BBQ specials. Last year they served Montreal Rubbed Dinosaur Ribs and Asian Style Smoked Crispy Duck and Sweet potato pie with homemade butterscotch pecan ice cream on Valentine’s Day.
4. Go ice skating at Kiwanis Ice Skating Arena in Saugerties with someone you love.
5. Ski the slopes or take a snowboarding lesson with your honey like I did at Hunter Mountain.
6. Does your Valentine have strong legs? Rent a snow bike at Overlook Mountain Bikes in Woodstock. Or you can rent snowshoes if you prefer a romantic snowshoe walk. Who knows, maybe we’ll have snow by that time!
Wishing all you Hudson Valley lovers a happy Valentine’s Day!