1. For the athletic Dad, there is the 3rd Annual New Paltz Challenge happening with a Father's Day Half Marathon and a Family 5K on Father's Day. Get registration info here.
3. Panzur at 60 Broadway in Tivoli is having a Father's Day Brunch, which will include their Fried Chicken, which has been in demand since they introduced as a special during a Sunday dinner.
4. Cafe Bocca in Poughkeepsie is having a special family style Father's Day dinner from 4pm-6pm. Be sure to make a reservation.
5. Make Dad jump on the jumping pillow on Kelder's Farm and go on a hay ride too!
6. If Dad isn't up to sweating by the BBQ, take him out to a barbecue lunch or dinner at the Hickory BBQ Smokehouse on Route 28.
7. River Station Restaurant, a.k.,a Captain Cliffy's will be having a Father's Day brunch buffet with a carving station, waffles, omelets, and other yummy dishes. $19.95 all you can eat! Reservations are suggested, but you can walk-in too.
8. Treat Dad to a spa service at River Rock Day Spa in Woodstock. He can de-stress with their Men's Hot Towel Organic Retreat Facial or choose from one of their many massage offerings (Thai, deep tissue, weekend warrior, or hot stone). Both my husband and I have had excellent massages and facials here over the years.