1. Hickory BBQ Smokehouse on Route 28 in Kingston will be serving corned beef, along with all their usual tasty ribs, wings, barbecued meats, and sides.
2. If you are in the Woodstock area, come support the Woodstock Fire Department! The Zena Firehouse 4 (443 Zena Road) in Woodstock is serving up Corned Beef and Cabbage! Enjoy a meal or two, and support Zena Fire Co. 4! St. Patrick’s Day Dinner, Cost: $15 on Saturday, March 11th. 4-7pm. Eat in or Take Out. (845) 679-2068. Corned Beef and Cabbage, bread, dessert, and drink included.
3. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Local Sweets: In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, Fruition Chocolate has just released limited edition Jameson Caramels, spiked with Jameson Irish Whiskey and enrobed in their award-winning Hispaniola Dark 68% chocolate. The caramels are available for $19.95 per 9-piece tin, online here and at both Fruition retail locations while supplies last. Fruition’s Shokan location: 3091 State Route 28, Shokan, NY 12481 // Fruition’s Woodstock location: 17 Tinker Street, Woodstock, NY 12498
4. Hurley Mountain Inn is very festive and usually packed for St. Patrick’s Day lunch and dinner. Family bonus: kids can keep busy at the pool table and pinball machine. While you are there, check out the Dustin Hoffman/”Tootsie” montage near the restrooms. The bar scene in Tootsie was filmed here!
5. Dutch Ale House in Saugerties is serving corned beef and rueben all week leading up to St. Patrick’s Day. They have an extensive selection of Irish beer and whiskey on tap, and Thursday, March 17th they will have special St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
6. Run in the fast & flat 2-mile Shamruck Run in Kingston on March 12th at 12:50pm!
7. St. Patrick’s Day will fall during the Spring Hudson Valley Restaurant Week so you can enjoy a reduced price prix-fixe lunch or dinner and a participating restaurant on Friday, March 17th, St. Patty’s Day!
8. If you happen to miss the Saint Patrick’s Day festivities, save the date for the Irish Festival in East Durham on May 27th and May 28th, 2017.