The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze: photo by Matt Gillis
The buzz is that Halloween 2017 is going to be extra busy for trick or treaters and goblins. Here are 10 ideas to make it an extra fun weekend if you are spending it in the Hudson Valley.
1. Fall lovers who are obsessed with pumpkins and Jack O’ Lanterns will be in Halloween heaven at The Great Jack-O’Lanterns Blaze at Van Cortland Manor at Croton-on- Hudson. Advance tickets are a must!
2. Stock up on candy treats at Kingston Candy Bar on Wall Street in uptown Kingston, and walk over Duo Bistro, or any of the other fine Kingston restaurants like the new KOVO.
3. Check out Kevin McCurdy’s Haunted Mansion in Wappingers Falls, which gets spookier and spookier every Halloween.
4. Come to the Halloween Parade in Woodstock and bring a big bag for trick or treating. This is one of my favorite events in Woodstock. The town really gets comes alive, and if you aren’t wearing a costume, you will feel out of place! A kids parade usually starts around 4:30pm.
5. Visit the Headless Horseman in Ulster Park for a night time hayride, corn maze, and haunted house nightmare fun experience. I have never tried this, but it’s a very popular event during Halloween season, and you need to make reservations in advance. Allow 3 hours of scary time.
6. Visit one of the spooky haunted houses in the Hudson Valley.
7. If you still need more chocolate treats, don’t miss The Red Hook Chocolate Festival taking place in Red Hook Village on Saturday, November 4th from 11 am -4pm.