How will you be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in the Hudson Valley? Here are 7 ideas to get you in the St. Patrick’s Day mood. Don’t forget to wear your green!
1) Hickory BBQ Smokehouse on Route 28 in Kingston will be serving corned beef, along with all their usual tasty ribs, wings, barbecued meats, and sides.
2) If you are in the Woodstock area, come support a local firehouse! Zena Company 4 Firehouse (443 Zenar Road) in Woodstock is serving up Corned Beef and Cabbage on Saturday, March 16th from 4-7pm. $12. Eat-in or Take-out.
3) Henry’s at Buttermilk Falls in Milton will be serving corned beef and cabbage for Sunday Brunch. Later on Chef Michelle Stone and her staff will be hosting their first beer pairing event, which will include 6 delicious courses paired the best brews.
4) Deising’s in Kingston is having St. Patty’s Day themed breakfasts: Luck of the Irish Rueben Quich, and Corned Beef wrap with eggs, bacon, and swiss cheese all week and corned beef on Sunday. If you want to celebrate into the evening, head to Stockade Tavern at 313 Fair Street or Keegan Ales.
5) Hurley Mountain Inn is very festive and usually packed for St. Patrick’s Day lunch and dinner. Family bonus: kids can keep busy at the pool table and pinball machine. While you are there, check out the Dustin Hoffman/”Tootsie” montage near the restrooms. The bar scene in Tootsie was filmed here!
6) Dutch Ale House in Saugerties is serving corned beef and rueben all week leading up to St. Patrick’s Day. They have an extensive selection of Irish beer and whiskey, and Sunday, March 17th they will have the Tullamore Dew girls sampling their fine whiskey and bagpipes!
7) Indulge in a box of Irish Wiskey Caramels at Chocolate Fruition in Shokan. You can even by these online!