How are you celebrating the weird July 4th Wednesday? Here are a few ideas if you are going to be in the Hudson Valley.
1) Saugerties has an old school 4th of July Parade. Get here early! I went to this parade 2 years ago. It doesn't get more Americana than Saugerties. If your kids love vintage fire trucks, they are in for a treat. Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern is offering special independence packages next week.
2) The Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary will be having their Annual July Jamboree on Saturday, July 7th. You may have heard about their recent rescues Mike the cow, and Archie the black pig on the news. Visit them and see how they are thriving in their new Woodstock digs!
3) Go to Belleayre Beach at Pine Hill Lake, which I just blogged about.
4) Take a stroll along the beautiful Rondout in Kingston and enjoy live music by Hot Rod starting at 6pm. Followed by fireworks at 9:45pm.
5) Eat a pie! Stop by Wrights Farm in Gardiner for their Great American Weekend 2012 and get yourself one of their pies! Visit the Woodstock Farm Festival which takes place every Wednesday until October 24th at 3:30pm to dusk. There will be lots of local goodies and pies for sale.