Are you doing your holiday shopping in the Hudson Valley this year? Maybe you are looking for a present for your special someone in the Hudson Valley, but don't know what to get. Before you go to a super store for a bland gift, think of getting one of these:
1) For the wine lover with a sense of humor: Happy Bitch Wines. You can also buy a matching set of glasses and a cute black Happy Bitch Wine tank top to go with it.
2) For your foodie who has every thing: Pure Mountain Olive Oil in Rhinebeck sells just about every kind of pressed oil and vinegars you can imagine including Butternut Squash Seed Oil, refined Toasted Walnut Oil, and a zillion other gourmet products.
3) For the fashionista who appreciates high quality clothes, DIG Shop in Saugerties has beautiful trendy fashions that are real high-end quality. The prices are in line with boutique prices, but you get what you pay for here.
4) Treat your favorite yogi to a gift certificate at one of the many yoga studios around here. Chichester Yoga near Phoenecia is my favorite, but there also yoga studios in Saugerties, Woodstock, New Paltz, and Rhinebeck.
5) Get a gift certificate to one of the best restaurants in the Hudson Valley. Check out "Restaurants that I Love" for a few ideas.
6) Buy the animal lover on your list a gift from the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary's gift shop or buy them a membership.
7) Soap is something that everyone can use, but don't get the cheap stuff at the mall, instead go to Edelweiss Soap Company in Kingston where you can choose from a wide variety of all natural soap products including all natural shampoo for your dog.
8) For the cute non-stop family you love, get a gift certificate for a photo session with a talented professional Hudson Valley photographer. Check out Walk with me Photography and Brannon Conza Photography.
9) For that special person on your list who deserves a bit of pampering in the Hudson Valley, treat them to a massage or facial at River Rock Health Spa.
11) Need to get a gift for host or hostess in the Hudso Valley who invited you to stay over for a beautiful Hudson Valley weekend? Light House has beautiful home goods and gifts.
12) Give someone the gift of cinema and support local films by giving someone a membership to Upstate Films. There are different levels of membership, but all members get discounted tickets and members also get discounts on many local businesses.
Last, but not least, you can always treat yourself or someone special to Hudson Valley Good Stuff merchandise at Cafe Press. Take advantage of their Cyber Monday Sale, and their frequent holiday sales.
Happy Holiday Shopping!