Mother’s Day is coming up on Sunday, May 8th, and if you are celebrating in the Hudson Valley, I wanted to share 12 ideas with you. Hoping the weather will stay spectacular!
1. Hickory BBQ Smokehouse is very family-friendly and serves delicious barbecue favorites and also has great specials and homemade desserts, sometimes made by the chef owner’s mom who is a very sweet lady. For Mother’s Day they will be having a Jazz Brunch. Previous Mother’s Day specials have included strawberry stuffed French Toast, House Battered Southern Fried Chicken Platter, and egg any style with cheddar cheese grits.
2. Gigi Trattoria is wonderful place to take moms who love Mediterreranean and Italian cuisine. How about crab cake benedict or skizza?
4. Euphoria Yoga in Woodstock is having an “New Moon Kundalini Gathering with Live Flute” on Friday, May 6th celebra at 7:30 pm. $20 in advance, $25 day of. Or you can treat mom to any of their Sunday yoga classes.
5. My family celebrated Mother’s Day Brunch at Peekamoose Restaurant in Big Indian once. The mimosa was great as were the salad and brunch dishes.
6. Hudson River Cruises is offering a Mother’s Day Cruise on Sunday, May 8th at 2:30pm that leaves from Kingston for $23.
7. Don’t forget the cake! Deising’s Bakery on North Front Street in Kingston makes delicious pastries, and will be serving Mother’s Day brunch buffet from 7 am- 1pm. Adults are $16.95. Kids ages 4-10 are $8.50, and the under 3 set can eat for free.
8.River Rock Health Spa–Pamper mom with a massage, facial, or body wrap. Read about my most recent spa treatment.
10. Duo Bistro in uptown Kingston will be having a special Mother’s Day Brunch menu.
11. Run the YMCA Annual Mother’s Day 5K which begins at Academy Green in Kingston at 10 am on May 7th, and includes a free post-race BBQ.
12. Does your mom love buffets with a view? Check out the endless buffet brunches at Diamond Mills Hotel & Tavern in Saugerties (Mother’s Day from 10 am-4pm) or the buffet at Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz.