Are you ringing in 2017 in the Hudson Valley? Here are 14 fun things to do on New Year’s Eve, and two New Year’s Day ideas too.
1. Join Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds in Woodstock at Bearsville Theater on December 31st, Doors open at 9PM. I
2. From 9pm-1am on Saturday, December 31st, Peekamoose Restaurant in Big Indian is having a New Years Eve After Hours Dance Party with Superior Sounds DJ to help dance in 2017.and Dancing in the new year – with bar vittles, champagne toast, midnight tequila shots, confetti canon, photo booth, party favors. $45 tickets. Call 845-254-6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. This year BSP Kingston will be ringing in 2017 with The Felice Brothers, The Big Takeover, and Tony Touch. New Year’s Eve in uptown Kingston will be happening from 8:00 pm-3:00 am. Yummy New Year’s Eve dinners will be offered at Kingston restaurants, PAKT, Boitson’s, and Duo Bistro.
4. Hickory BBQ on Route 28 in Kingston will have their annual New Years Day Jazz Brunch featuring Unicorn from Noon until 4:00. In addition to their regular menu, their New Year’s Day menu includes Banana Foster stuffed challah french toast, fried chicken po’ boy, and cheddar cheese grits.
5. Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern will be offering a New Year’s Eve in the Tavern dinner menu from 4pm-10pm as well as a New Year’s Day buffet brunch with carving stations.
6. Sushi Makio, the buzz-worthy sushi restaurant on Morton Boulevard in Kingston will be serving a special New Years Eve dinner, a 5-course Omakase for each guest plus 1 bottle of imported sparkling sake to toast the new year, starting at $150 for 2 people. Space is limited. Call 845-853-8078 or send them a facebook message. Master Sushi Chef Makio has over 40 years of experience. (See my review I wrote).
7. New World Cooking in Saugerties is hosting a New Years Eve Gala & Dinner Party with a Global Buffet dinner and a dance party.
8. Need to recharge on January 1st? Head to the beautiful Euphoria Yoga studio in Woodstock where Corinne, one of my favorite yoga instructors will be teaching a Special New Year’s Day class from 10 am-12 noon.
9. Gigi’s Trattoria in Rhinebeck will be offering a 4-course prix-fixe dinner for $60 and New Year’s Eve dinner specials, as well as tapas a the bar. Terrapin in Rhinebeck is also offering prix-fixe New Year’s Eve dinners.
10. Catskill Rose in Phoenicia is serving up a delicious New Year’s Day brunch from 9am to 2pm with yummy entrees such as peanut butter waffles, and spanish tortillas.
11. Hudson Helsinki in Hudson, NY will be having their New Year’s Eve dance party and the amazing Simi Stone and Pearl Aday will be performing at 9pm.
12. If you are planning on staying in and watching the ball drop with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin, and are looking for yummy treats to take out, check out Bistro to Go on Route 28.
Wishing everyone a safe, happy New Year’s Eve and 2017 in the Hudson Valley!