1) Hickory BBQ Smokehouse on Route 28 in Kingston will be serving corned beef, along with all their usual tasty ribs, wings, barbecued meats, and sides.
2) If you are in the Woodstock area, come support the Woodstock Fire Department! The Zena Firehouse 4 (443 Zena Road) in Woodstock is serving up Corned Beef and Cabbage! Enjoy a meal or two, and support Zena Fire Co. 4!
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner, Cost: $14 on Saturday, March 14th. 4-7pm. Eat in or Take Out. (845) 679-2068. Corned Beef and Cabbage, bread, dessert, and drink included.
3) Chef Preston Faust of the Beekman Arms in Rhinebeck tells us that their own house cured brisket (corned beef) will be offered all week. Corned beef and cabbage, lamb stew, soda bread, fish and chips, will also be on the St. Patrick’s Day menu.
5) Hurley Mountain Inn is very festive and usually packed for St. Patrick’s Day lunch and dinner. Family bonus: kids can keep busy at the pool table and pinball machine. While you are there, check out the Dustin Hoffman/”Tootsie” montage near the restrooms. The bar scene in Tootsie was filmed here!
6) Dutch Ale House in Saugerties is serving corned beef and rueben all week leading up to St. Patrick’s Day. They have an extensive selection of Irish beer and whiskey, and Tuesday, March 17th they will have special St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
7) Run in the fast & flat 2-mile Shamruck Run in Kingston on March 15th!
8) After the Shamrock Run, you can go to BSP in Kingston for a great line up of bands in the St. Paddy’s Day Parade After-Party with the Ruffians and County Hell.
9) The Rhinecliff in Rhinecliff is having a St. Patrick’s Shamrock Shindig on March 14th with a special menu and music from Little Creek.
10) St. Patrick’s Day will fall during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week so you can enjoy a reduced price prix-fixe lunch or dinner and a participating restaurant on Tuesday, March 17th, St. Patty’s Day!
The featured photo was taken during a delicious St. Patrick’s Day dinner two years ago at Ship to Shore restaurant in Kingston.
If you go to any of the restaurants mentioned, please let them know you heard about it on Hudson Valley Good Stuff. Thank you for spreading the word! Keep thinking Spring & St. Patrick’s Day will get here soon!